Forms of hosting solutions
A hosting service applies to depositing and/or sharing particular web content on a server administered by a web hosting vendor. There are various classes of hosting services utilized for various goals, so let's have a look at these. Doing so, you can determine what you need, depending on whether you desire to set up a weblog, electronic mail accounts, or to share files with mates and partners.
- File hosting: a service furnished by some providers, which permits you to share huge files. These could be disk images, movies, audio files, archived documents, etc. This service is also known as file storage, and its only goal is to share files, since it does not support site uploading. Once the files are uploaded, you will either get an accidentally created download link for each of them, or you will be able to read an inventory of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to see .html or .php web page files in your web browser. Free-of-charge file hosting services are frequently supported by showing adverts by the download links, while a timer makes you await a specific period of time to view them. A single file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you purchase a paid file hosting plan, there are no restrictions as to how many files you can upload/download straight away, and also there is no limitation with regard to the download speed or the file size.
At the moment, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting providers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more fashionable "cloud hosting". This is an entirely imprecise interpretation of the real meaning of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting environment would share the tasks at hand between separate stacks of web hosting servers in a cluster, which are committed to attending miscellaneous web page hosting services (electronic mail, storage space, statistics, DNS, databases, Control Panel, and so on.) So, the file hosting service is only a kind of a disk storage hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: similar to file hosting; specific corporations offer a hosting service for images exclusively. This hosting brand is appropriate if you would like to share a large number of images with friends or partners since the service is mostly free of charge. You will get a random link for each and every picture or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file hosting service, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the service cannot be used for websites.
- E-mail hosting: a service devoted to tackling your email address accounts. Some suppliers offer web space hosting solutions for web pages, but do not provide an e-mail solution. If you desire to set up an email address with your domain name but do not want to keep a site, then the e-mail hosting service is what you require. You can open e-mail accounts and administer them, but there will be no hosting service for the domains. The email hosting solution involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP servers.
- Video hosting: this solution enables you to upload and share video files. You can either share a link to a specific video, or you can embed the video file in your web page that is hosted somewhere else. The advantage of using this method in lieu of uploading the video in a hosting account is that the video clip brings about a specific amount of central processing unit load, so with several video clips and several hundred site visitors, you may have difficulty with your web page hosting quotas. Embedding the video file will allow you to have as many video files as you would like without worrying about system quotas.
- Web hosting: this is the service that you require if you wish to possess a web site. To some extent, it incorporates all of the abovementioned hosting sorts since, along with your sites, you can also host pictures and files, you can set up databases and email address accounts, upload video files, etc. At World Wide Web Market, for instance, you can take a gaze at web hosting and dedicated web server hosting plans that enable you to get all of the abovementioned solutions in one single location. There may be restrictions based on the form of hosting service that you've chosen - a free hosting plan, a paid shared hosting package, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your web page hosting package may be better or worse juxtaposed to the usual email/file/video/image hosting packages that are tailored for particular web content solely.